Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year's Day Registration

I've been running for just about two years now and if I am doing this running lark, then to complete the story a marathon should be in my list of achievements. Can I do a marathon? I have absolutely no idea - I've done a few half marathons and improved my times too - sub 2:15, not bad but would love to do under 2 hours. So I know I can do a half - but a full marathon is a completely different discipline and dragging myself around a half marathon is only getting away with it in all honesty.

It's been quite a while I have been thinking about entering a marathon, 18 months or more in fact. 'I want to do one before I'm 40' is what I've been saying with no idea why the age is relevant at all. Perhaps setting a deadline turns it into something more real. The year 2012 is when I do turn 40, so entering a marathon just before my 40th seems to be the way to go. The Chester Marathon has had good reviews and sounds like a good course and is nine days before that 40th birthday. With the race selected, New Year's Day was my personal deadline for entering as I will need the whole year to get ready. So today I did it - I entered the 2012 Chester Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment