Sunday 12 February 2012

Cheeky Cheeky!

Sunday is the day that I do my long runs - get up early, sort out the dogs, then head out for a 10 mile or whatever run. The nearest I can do at the moment is a log run - restocking the log supply next to the wood burner. With Endomondo packed with runners that I know out and about doing their stuff - 10 miles here, 12 miles there, I felt rather left out of it all. So as part of my ongoing assessment of my current position, I applied some ibuprophen gel in the afternoon and then sneaked out for a cheeky 2 mile gentle run. My word, my leg was sore from the start - it eased very slightly, but 2 miles was going to be the maximum I could do. There was no way I could run any faster or further than that. I'm glad I did it though - let's see how things go from here. 7 days to the half marathon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nick, you have our sympathy.

    I was injured a few weeks before both Stratford and Birmingham Half marathons and both were touch and go but this is really too close for comfort. Jeanette has just gone through a month of recovery from injury so we know on the plus side things do get better ;-)
    Take Care.

    Eric & Jeanette

    ReplyDelete